You want to keep improving yourself, right? What person doesn’t? We read to learn more, watch documentaries, exercise, go to Toast Masters events, network, and learn skills to help us socially and in our jobs. I don’t think there is anyone out there who is content enough to never want to improve.
Well, it’s that time of year again when everyone starts coming up with the goals they plan to keep for the upcoming 12 months. The reality is, only 8% of those people actually will be successful in achieving their resolution, while 49% have infrequent success, and 24% never succeed and fail on their resolution each year (Statistic Brain). The most popular type of resolution? According to Statistic Brain, it’s Self improvement or education related resolutions. Next are weight related, then money, then relationship.
As a guy, what are some of the resolutions you should be focusing on for 2016?
- Get in shape (head to the gym more)
- Cut out junk and processed foods
- Take care of your body (skincare/grooming)
- Invest in yourself (Better clothes, good haircut)
- Focus on communicating better
- Improve your finances (pay down debt, learn to invest)
- Start a new hobby
- Stop smoking
- Drink less (especially if you’re looking to get in shape)
There are plenty more resolutions out there, these are just some of the top ones that can help you define what you want to accomplish next year.
So let’s hear it, what are your 2016 resolutions and how do you plan to demolish them?