You love to travel. The airport is like a second home to you. Some of the flight attendants even know your name. You’re a jetsetter.
Or maybe you’re a busy business traveler. Or you just enjoy a few vacations each year. No matter the occasion, travel is a big part of our lives, especially plane travel. It can be tough to enjoy travel when you’re crammed into an economy middle seat on a 12 hour haul across the Pacific.
Fear not weary traveler. We have put together this guide to help your next plane experience as comfortable as possible. Sit back, relax, put your tray table up, and get ready for the ride.
How to Find the Best Seats
You have your tickets, now it’s time to pick seats. The last thing you want to do is be stuck in a middle seat, and you don’t want an obstructed view, but how can you pick a seat without really seeing the plane? Sites like Seat Expert, Seatmaestro, and SeatGuru let you know the best and worst seats on your specific plane.
What to Bring on the Plane
On the plane, you’ll want your necessities like headphones and something to keep you occupied like a book or tablet. But you’ll also want a few other items handy:
- Comfortable socks- Don’t keep your shoes on the whole time during a long flight. Change into new socks to let your feet breathe.
- Water bottle- Have an empty water bottle as you go through security. Fill it up before you board your flight.
- Gum- Prevent your ears from getting clogged by chewing gum.
- Snacks – Longer flights will serve you, but many short flights don’t. Bring snacks like jerky, trail mix, or snack bars to fill you up.
- Meal- If you know the flight is 3+ hours, grab a sandwich to bring on the plane.
- Tylenol or Advil- Always safe to have it!
- Ear Plugs- Don’t let a noisy neighbor prevent you from getting some shut eye
What to Wear
Yes, being a jetsetter means you want to be stylish, but don’t compromise feeling comfortable for looks. You will regret wearing a tie on a 7 hour flight, we guarantee it. Dress casually.
For guys, this may mean chinos and a dress shirt or a nice t shirt with a jacket. Ladies, avoid the heels. Nobody wants to walk through a concourse in shoes, especially if you’re late and have to run.
If you are on an overnight flight, bring a change of clothes like sweatpants and a t-shirt so you feel somewhat more comfortable.
Now you’re ready to head off on your next journey! If you’re a business traveler or just need a suit for your next adventure, let Joseph Wendt Custom Clothiers tailor to perfect outfit for you.